There are few things more disheartening than spending an entire day tiling a floor and then stepping back to admire your hard work, only to realize that the tiling isn’t level. At that point, you would probably wish that you hade the foresight to buy a tile leveling system before you began the job. If you work in an industry where tiling is part of your role or you are planning to undertake a tiling job at home, then a tile leveling system is a sensible investment. It will make sure you get the job done right the first time without the need for timely and potentially expensive fixes to rectify a tiling job done badly. To help you decide which is the best tile leveling system for you, the following is a buying guide outlining the different factors you should consider along with product reviews of the best tile leveling systems on the market now.
- 1 Product Reviews of the Best Tile Leveling Systems
- 1.1 1. Raimondi LS250WEDGE 250-Piece Tile Leveling System Wedges
- 1.2 2. Raimondi 180BASE500 Clear 1/1-Inch Clear Joints 500-Pieces
- 1.3 3. Raimondi Leveling System Starter Kit
- 1.4 4. Bosch Professional Tile and Square Layout Laser GTL3
- 1.5 5. T-Lock 1/16-Inch Complete Kit Anti-Lippage Tile Leveling System by Perfect Level Master
- 1.6 6. Craftsboys Tile Leveling System
- 1.7 7. Peygran Tile Leveling System Super Kit
- 1.8 8. Yiyatoo Tile Leveling System
- 1.9 9. T-Lock Perfect Level Master Pliers Tool Gun for Tile Leveling System
- 1.10 10. iRookie 100-Piece Reusable Tile Level Spacers with Special Wrench
- 2 A Buying Guide for Tile Leveling Systems
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 4 Final Verdict
Product Reviews of the Best Tile Leveling Systems
• Easy to use- The wedges are easy to use, even for a tiling novice.
• Even spacing- When you use the wedges, the tiles are held firmly in place for even spacing.
• Multiple items- As there are 250 pieces in this pack, there are plenty of wedges to complete a tiling project of almost any size.
• Other products needed- To make this a tile leveling system rather than just a bag of wedges, you also need to buy the breakaway clips from the same manufacturer.
• Easy to use- Very simple to put in place to create even spacing, and easy to break off the strap section.
• Creates even spaces- Great for ensuring there are even spaces between the tiles.
• Other products needed- To make this a tile leveling system, you also need to buy the wedges from the same manufacturer.
• Easy system- This system is so easy that even a first-time tiler can quickly learn how to use the equipment provided.
• Level surfaces- It does what it is supposed to do, and the result is a level tile surface.
• Affordable- This is a relatively low-cost system compared to many other products available.
• Clip breakages- Some of the clips break too easily, while others can leave some plastic protruding that needs grinding down before you can grout.
• Increased precision- You will lay tiles with more precision for improved accuracy using this piece of equipment.
• Use in any condition- Dust, rain, and uneven surfaces are not a problem when using this tool.
• Carry case- Comes with a handy carry case that will protect the tool when it is not in use and for easy transportation between jobs.
• Not for leveling- Although this tool helps you to line up your tiles, it does not help you to level them. Therefore, you may still have lippage unless you use this tool in conjunction with leveling equipment.
• Weak beam- Users say that the beam is not as bright and does not go as far as the manufacturer claims.
• Easy to use- A simple system that is suitable for both professionals and novices.
• Handy bucket- The bucket contains everything you need and has a handle for carrying around with you as you tile.
• Level and even- This system will allow you to create a level surface with even spacing between the tiles.
• Spacer problems- Some people found that the spacers snapped off in the wrong place so that some plastic was protruding.
• Long clips- The longer clips in this system means that you can use the kit with almost any tile and for both walls and floors.
• Easy to use- The system is simple and will help you to quickly and easily lay level and evenly spaced tiles.
• Reusable wedges- You will only need to buy the wedges once as you can reuse them many times for multiple tiling jobs.
• Tough clips- The clips are sturdy and difficult to break. On the one hand, this means that you do not accidentally break the clips in the wrong place as you are going along. On the other hand, the clips are harder to break off than many of their competitors.
• Comprehensive kit- Multiple pieces of clips and wedges are included, along with a tool to set the clips and wedges in place.
• Professional finish- The kit will help you to achieve a professional finish with level and evenly spaced tiles.
• Ease of use- A simple system that even a novice can handle.
• Scuffing- Some users report that the wedges have caused some scuffing on the tiles.
• Low cost- One of the most affordable options on the market.
• Easy to fit- Fitting the spacer and caps using the wrenches provided is very easy.
• Level finish- They do what they claim and give you a nice even surface.
• Difficult to remove- Although fitting the parts is easy, removing the caps and spacers is tricky.
• Tile damage- Due to problems removing, some users reported damage to the edge of tiles.
• Good end results- Using the pliers will give a better finish than simply using clips or spacers and wedges as it makes sure everything is firmly in place.
• Easy to use- There is no training necessary as this tool is so easy to use.
• Good design- The upgraded design means that the product is lightweight, comfortable in the hand, and durable.
• Parts needed- This is only the tool you use for fitting the spacers and wedges, so you will need to buy the spacers and wedges separately to use alongside this tool.
• Brand-specific- The tool only works well with other T-Lock products.
• Easy to use- The system is quick and simple to use with almost any tile.
• Easy removal- It is also easy to remove the caps and the spacers snap off easily.
• Even finish- Most users report that the spacing was good and that there was no lippage.
• Moving tiles- When you tighten the caps, the tiles tend to move. This is resolved by applying pressure to the tile while fixing the caps in place.
A Buying Guide for Tile Leveling Systems
To make sure you buy the right product to meet your needs, the following are the factors you need to think about when making your decision.
There are significant differences in what is included with each of the tile leveling systems. You may see some of the following items included in a good tile leveling system:
• Pliers- Some tile leveling systems come with pliers that you use to adjust the clips and wedges.
• Clips- Clips determine the width between the tiles and help you to position them in line with each other. These come in various forms.
• Wedges- You will use wedges to ensure there are even spacings between the tiles and the clips hold these in place.
• Straps and baseplates- A strap and baseplate system is a type of clip. The baseplates are attached to the straps. These are positioned between the tiles so that the baseplates are slotted under the tiles and the straps stand between the tiles as a form of a spacer. When the tiles have been laid, the straps snap off and the baseplates remain in place below the tiles.
• Caps- Caps are an alternative to wedges in some systems. The caps fit over the strap and hold the tiles firmly against the wall or floor to reduce the likelihood of lippage.
Quality of Clips
One of the most important elements of the tile leveling system is the clips, and it is essential that these are good quality. Look for a system with clips that will break off easily above the tile with the simple tap of a mallet, but that does not otherwise break. The clips should also make it easier, not harder, to line the tiles up in the correct position.
Suitability for the Tiles
Tiles can vary significantly, so it is important to check that the tile leveling system is suitable for the tiles you have bought. The main factors to consider are the thickness of the tiles and the material from which they are made. Most manufacturers state the minimum and maximum tile thickness for which they are suitable.
As with any product, the price of a tile leveling system is an important factor in their decision of which to buy. You should consider the following points:
• The price does not always reflect the quality of the product as other factors that influence the price include the type of equipment, the number of pieces in the system, the materials, and the brand.
• You can save money in most cases if you buy your tile leveling system online instead of from a store. Shopping online also allows you to compare the products to find the best tile leveling system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Lippage in a Tile?
Lippage is a term that refers to a variation in the height of adjoining tiles. This can occur if the tiles are not leveled or if they are laid onto an uneven surface. It can also occur if there are variations in the size, design, or style of the tiles.
Can This System Prevent Lippage in Tiles?
The main purpose of using a tile leveling system is to prevent lippage in the tiles. If you use the systems correctly, they will ensure that the tiles are evenly spaced and create an even surface with no lippage.
Which is the Ideal Tile Leveling System?
An ideal tile leveling system is one that has all the parts you need, is simple to use, and helps you to create a level surface of evenly spaced tiles. With this in mind, the ideal tile leveling system is the Craftsboys Tile Leveling System as this product meets all these conditions.
How Does This System Help to Do the Fastest Floor Installations?
Trying to line up the tiles so that the spaces are even and then repeatedly checking if the surface is level is time-consuming. It is even more time-consuming if you get it wrong the first time as you will then need to remove the tiles and retile the surface. Using a tile leveling system removes these issues, thus saving you time when you are tiling either a wall or a floor.
There are plenty of tile leveling systems on the market that can save you time and help you to create a professional finish when laying both wall and floor tiles. One of the simplest and best tile leveling systems is the Craftsboys Tile Leveling System. This is suitable for tiles of almost any thickness and has sturdy clips and wedges. The latter are reusable, so you will not need to buy more if you are completing multiple jobs. This affordable product is easy to use and will help you to get evenly spaced tiles with no lippage.
Another great product is the Peygran Tile Leveling System Super Kit. Although this kit is a little more expensive, it is good value for money as it contains more pieces of clips and wedges than other tile leveling systems, and it also comes with a tool to fit the clips and wedges in place. This is one of the best tile leveling systems because it will help you to achieve a professional finish with evenly spaced and level tiles.